11.26.2008

What I'm Most Thankful For Today

I was reading over some Thanksgiving quotes and there was a lot of stuff about gratititue - which got me to thinking about thanks and things I'm thankful for. I have a lot to be thankful for: my company, my health, my family, friends, my apartment, and so much more. However, I realized there are some people that I've been talking about all year, and this past weekend has really been a reminder of how important they all are to me.

Ladies. A proper title, always with a capital "L" and preceded by another word to distinguish the different groups (which I'm not getting into). But suffice to say that my Ladies are my closest female family and friends, without whom I would be a different person.

Mom, thank you so much for just being my mom. The relationship we have is like no other, and is envied by many. You're always there for me, and you've always got my back, even when you don't understand the path I've chosen. What I cannot help you understand by telling you, I will make you see by showing you. I promise. And I'll miss you next year.

Kay. You've always treated me as if I were your own. I've never known anything but love from you and I really appreciate that. You're definitely the hostess with mostest, there's never a dull moment. I wish you the best of luck in your studies and in life. You're a great mom, a great wife, and a great person. So I'm reaching across the aisle to tell you I love you ;)

Ke, Kisha, my sisters - you are both growing up to be strong and smart young Ladies. Both of you have a fire and creativity, and a drive to be excellent at such a young age. It's inspiring to see both of you grow in the way you've grown. You're both great to be around and I love your energy. It is my deepest regret that I don't get to spend as much time with either of you as I would like to, but I hope you both can forgive your big brother, and I  strive to be in  a place one day soon where I will be able to spend time with you both whenever I want.

Too many aunties to name :) But know that you're all the best aunties a nephew could ever ask for. More like my big sisters than anything, really. You're all awesome and it's so cool how each of you has a little hand in shaping who I am today. 

Crissy, Rina, K'Sha, my High Ladies. My best and most trusted female friends. You Ladies are something special in my life. You all know me better than anyone, and you've helped me through so, so much. I can talk to any of you about anything. You are all strong, beautiful, women and I respect that most about every one of you. You guys have advised me and been there for me when I was completely lost and without all of you, I don't know where I'd be today. You all define what a Lady is to me.

And last, but certainly not least, my First Lady. Bunny, you are my best friend and my love, the full moon in my night sky. Thank you so much for seeing this through, because I know it hasn't been easy to do. Thank you for daring to be different this time around, and answering all the challenges life threw at us these past four months. I promise you I'm here to stay, through it all. Let us both continue to rise to the challenges and become closer and stronger through them, so that when it is time, there will be no walls between me, you, and "I do." Love you sweetie.


I love all of you. Dearly. Thank you SO much. Enjoy your holidays Ladies. From me to you - today is your day.



Ciao,
M.


P.S. also a special thank you to my BFF, Miss 'Ssadie Mae, and my brother and fellow entrepreneur, Miss Saba.

No comments: